Monday, December 31, 2012

That Was the Year it Was - Thanks 2012

What a fab year it's been!   Thank you to everyone who has made 2012 so wonderful.  New and old friends, both in real life and online have been so awesome, helping out when we lost our other car, giving support when I was doubtful about my writing and by just being there :)  I heart you all xxxx

Some highlights and of course the odd lowlight!

Family

Mr Paleo finished Grade 4 and Mr Maker finished Grade 1, both doing extremely well, making their parents (and teachers) proud.

Mr Comedy completed his last year at kindergarten, ready to be a big school boy in 2013.  I don't know whether to be happy or sad.  Mainly happy.  Or sad.  No, mainly happy.  I think.

Mr Xbox quit his old job after getting a new job, as it usually goes.   Not sure if how much happier he is.  I think he'd just like to win the lotto, actually!

We lost our little car after Mr Xbox had someone pull out in front of him.  We're still deciding whether to replace it or not. 

Mr Xbox became the local Cub Scout leader.   I'm still trying to lift my mouth up from the floor from that news!  Mr Maker joined Mr Paleo in the cub scout troop.   


Writing

I finally finished the seemingly endless drafts of  Flirting with Magick and handed the final manuscript to an editor, got a cover designed and have created a Facebook  Page and  Goodreads Pages for both myself and the book

I participated in 12x12 in 2012 Picture Book Challenge.   Only did about 3 drafts though.

Participated in Nanowrimo and managed to complete it by writing a rough draft for Winter Park. 


So I soberly lift my homemade Baileys to 2012 and welcome in 2013 with hopefully the same amount of class!

3 comments:

  1. Three picture book drafts is three more than I finished in 2011. Sorry about your car. Hope you have a great New Year. Happy 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year, I hope 2013 will be a good year to you!
    Please check out my blog and enter my competition.

    http://socialamore.blogspot.com.au/2013/01/social-amore-turns-1-giveaway.html

    Amanda xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, and happy 2013 to you too Hannah!

    ReplyDelete